Caring for all of your animals, at all times.
COVID-19 (coronavirus): Information for our clients - click here
Information for clients of Forest House Veterinary Surgery
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Does Not Infect Animals
There is currently no evidence that your animals can be infected by the COVID-19 virus. There is only a very small risk that your animal may carry the virus on its surface for a short time if it has been in contact with an infected person. Animals do not need to be isolated or treated any differently to normal.
We are welcoming limited numbers of clients into our reception area and consultation rooms
All humans entering the reception area and consulting rooms must wear face coverings.
Face coverings must cover both your nose and your mouth.
- If you cannot wear a face covering for any reason, you must remain outside of the building.
- Call our receptionists on (01423) 862121.
- We will make alternative arrangements to bring your animal in to the surgery while you remain outside.
Animals will only be seen at the surgery by appointment
- To maintain social distancing, you must be on-time for your appointment.
- If you are late, it will not be possible to “squeeze you in” – you will have to book another appointment.
- Please also try to avoid arriving too early – aim to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time.
Only one human can attend each appointment.
- The rest of your friends or family must wait outside.
- Only the single client waiting for the next appointment will be able to wait in the reception area.
- If another client is already waiting, you must wait outside or in your car.
- The receptionists will invite you to enter once the preceding client has entered the consultation room.
Keep the entrance / exit clear
- To maintain social distancing, please keep the entrance clear to allow other clients to exit.
- Wait outside until there is a space at the reception desk or waiting area for you.
- Please don't queue inside the building.
Nurse appointments will be available
- Nurse appointments for routine care and advice will resume with coronavirus precautions in place.
Collecting medicines, food or other items
- Pre-book the items you want to collect by email or telephone.
- When you arrive at the surgery, please wait outside until other clients at the reception desk have exited the building.
- Please keep the doorways clear at all times.
Please be patient with our staff
To protect our staff, we have reduced the number working at the surgery. It may not be possible for us to accommodate all of your wishes while maintaining a safe environment for our staff and clients. Whilst we will try to find a way of providing a nearly normal service, protecting our staff and clients from the transmission of coronavirus is our top priority.
Please contact us by e-mail for anything which is not urgent.
Copyright 2014.Forest House Vets Ltd. All Rights Reserved.